Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
The GBC Strategic Planning Team is looking for an IT Administrator. If you are interested or know of someone who could be interested in this service, please feel free to contact us. Please find below the relevant details for his position.
About the GBC SPT
The GBC Strategic Planning Team (SPT) was initiated in 2006. It serves the GBC by offering strategic advice, guidance and solutions for the benefit of the whole of ISKCON. The challenges and opportunities of our times call for both dynamic visionary planning and the effective execution of those plans.
At the start of the pandemic in March, we expanded our team, adding devotees from all over the world with various areas of expertise to work on providing the worldwide ISKCON family with resources to deal with the extraordinary challenges of this time. We use online channels to reach the ISKCON world with inspiring, informative and useful content.
We are looking for an IT Administrator to further the initiatives of the team. The devotee taking up this service will be responsible for supporting all the IT functions of the team’s projects, especially the website and database. Naturally we need a devotee who is comfortable taking responsibility, meeting deadlines, and handling urgent technical issues when they arise.
The main essential skills are:
– Good English proficiency
– Being a quick learner, able to select and implement new software applications as needed
– Methodical trouble-shooting ability
– Familiarity with WordPress and CSS
The following is a list of present tasks envisioned, but it is expected to grow.
Supporting the website
1) All aspects of maintaining the website in WordPress, including updates, backups, troubleshooting, adding users, and monitoring its performance
2) Optimizing the UX/UI for the site
3) Generally supporting the posting of content and all related design issues connected to posts
4) Implementing web design improvements
5) Being the first point of contact for troubleshooting any server issues
Supporting our social media channels
1) Supporting the streaming software and systems
2) Supporting the set up of our channels (Facebook, YouTube, including calls to action)
3) Uploading of videos to YouTube, including simple editing where needed
4) Identifying and implementing automated systems for scheduling the posting of content
Supporting the database and mailing system
1) Complete support of the contact database and mailing system (CiviCRM)
2) Troubleshooting issues with the emailing systems
3) Work on cleaning up the database
4) Importing new data
Monitoring the analytics of all our channels and producing insights to guide the team
We are looking for an expert devotee ready to volunteer to make a valuable contribution to the global service of the GBC SPT. We anticipate the service to require just 10-12 hours per week approximately, plus participation in our daily conference call at 4:30 pm IST, 7 am EDT.
Procedure for application:
Submit resume to contact@